lance raymundo recalls last moments with his late dad...

lance and elder bro rannie: will continue on with the LEGACY

LANCE: MORE POSITIVE, A LOT MORE PASSIONATE

LANCE: ADMIRES HIS DAD'S STRENGTH



"My dad fought his sickness for two years", came Lance Raymundo's words in one casual interview after the death of his dad- Mr. Danilo Raymundo, just a few days before All Saints' Day arrived. "And according to our doctors, it was remarkable that my dad was able to survive his sickness for two years. He was really a strong man. Fighting liver cirrhosis for 2 years, man, it only means that you are really strong. According to doctors, once you got that sickness, the most you can survive is six months. But my dad survived it for two more years.

"Now, I could say, my dad was really strong, I would like to repeat saying that", Lance continued saying. "He once fought with Boy Golden (a notorious hoodlum in 1950's) when he was young and he beat Boy Golden. That's why all of us in the family inherited his physical strength. But he's only a mortal being. Yet he fought hard and brave."

MR. DANILO H. RAYMUNDO (R.I.P.): IN HIS YOUNGER YEARS


Lance's father, Mr. Danilo H. Raymundo (R.I.P.) died of multiple organ failure. And in his dying moments, the whole Raymundo family was beside him.


the raymundo family with their late father in his bedside before he died.
"We were all standing vigil by his bedside at the Cardinal Santos Memorial Hospital", Lance reminisced. "We're all tired and haggard, and all of us fell asleep beside his bed, even my mom. But it was me who got awakened around 5:30 in the morning. I saw him in a different position, no longer breathing..., I realized he's no longer alive by that time. So I woke-up everybody. That's the time we all realized that he's really gone, that he had already left us."

But there was no 'over-acting' hysterics and all. Just lots of tears and embraces. Because for the past two years since Lance and his family saw the older Mr. Raymundo (R.I.P.) fighting the illness, they had already prepared for the moment of his passing. For two years, they had suffered and endured. For two years, they had accepted the inevitable.

"It's really painful, but you see, there's no other way but to accept this tragedy", Lance whispered hard to his blogger-friend. "I love my father more than my life. He's the one who gave us all the best gifts that life could offer. I know by now, he's in Heaven. And he's gonna guide and watch us all."

(from left to right): rannie, ms. beni saunders, lance, and mrs. ninazaldua-raymundo

lance on his last Holy Mass for his late dad

Last All Saints' Day, Lance and the whole Raymundo family was with their father's ashes as they visited him again. From thereon, with a little more strength to endure, Lance would be okay again.

"This family tragedy would only further strengthen me", he said. "I am facing my singing career with a lot more positive energy and passion this time. After my comeback single You Are The One, which is currently doing so good, Viva Records asked me to sing the theme song of the movie Unspoken Words. I already recorded the single and the MTV of that song will be released very soon."


An entertainer's life simply must go on. As in the saying, 'The Show Must Go On', the singer of songs lingers on with more vivid and electrifying colors.


"The wounds inside our hearts simply digs us deeper as unique individuals", came Lance's ending words in that casual interview. "I will be continuing-on with the Legacy. My dad supported me and my brother Rannie Raymundo in our musical dreams, and we will both continue singing for his sake."


And a lot of people will always be behind you, Lance.




(as the words were written by robert manuguid silverio)




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...