NAFA CRUZ: THE LITTLE GIRL GROWS UP....


young and little nafa (center) with dad rommel and the late film director maryo j. delos reyes
She was barely 8 years old when the late Master film director, in person of Maryo J. delos Reyes (R.I.P.) discovered her in the province of Palawan for a judging event. When the director saw her good looks and promising acting skills in the said event, the late film director offered her parents to manage her acting career and convinced them to go to Manila and try their luck there. True to his promise, when Nafa's family moved-in to Manila with her, the late film director enrolled Nafa to the PETA acting workshop and opened the doors for more opportunities in Nafa's acting career.

"I was really so little then when I joined the PETA acting workshop", Nafa said to a blogger in an interview at Crossroad Mall in Sangandaan, Novaliches. "It was a hectic one-month acting workshop and I really learned a lot there about the basics of acting. After that workshop, direk Maryo J. included me at once as among the cast of the movie Bamboo Flowers. I acted there together with fellow kids there- that includes Yogo Singh and Migs Cuaderno, who were both ahead of me in entering showbiz. I was their playmate in that film. It's one memorable film for me because it's my very first movie. I was just 8 years old when I did that film."

Now 14 years old, Nafa became one of the most-sought female child actresses when director Maryo J. was still living. She at once became a regular at GMA channel 7's TV teleserye around that time- and it's entitled Nino. She also became a regular at Reel Time, also at channel 7, and had a few guestings also at Magpakailanman.

Mainstream films, indie films and lots of short films also followed after. In the year 2016, Nafa became the lead actress of the indie film entitled Patintero which became an entry at the Quezon City Film Festival, and she was nominated as Best Actress for that film. That film was directed by Mikh Vergara.

"I find my role there very challenging for me", Nafa revealed to a blogger, "Because you see, that role was really unexpected. I am a girl there with boyish ways. And it's my first time to portray a role like that. What more, I bested with Glaiza de Castro for the Best Actress nomination."

Nafa's recent movie projects were Eerie (directed by Mikhail Red) and Kung Paano Siya Nawala (where she portrayed the role as JM de Guzman's stepsister in that film).

But for one blogger, her scenes in the award-winning film BUY BUST, directed by Erik Matti were the most memorable to that blogger. Because after watching Nafa in that movie, the impression was good, profound and lasting.

"I'm so thakful to a lot of people because they always recommend me to talent casters and film directors", Nafa continued saying. "I'll just be surprised that a talent caster will call me out to audition for a role or a part in a movie coming up. It's pretty flattering on my part."

But there's one person that Nafa never forgets every time a good movie or TV project is coming.

"He's no other than the late direk Maryo J. delos Reyes", Nafa said. "I am really so thankful to him and I cried a lot when he died just more than a year ago. You see, Tito Robert, I idolize direk Maryo J. a lot. I saw his old films and it's all so beautiful, it all came from his heart. Wherever is direk Maryo J. now, I know he's in a better place."

Asked Nafa who her idol is, she's quick to reply:

"My idol is Angel Locsin", Nafa answered. "I really like her a lot. She's so good in acting and she's so natural. In person, she's also like that. I also love her ways that are not so girlish, but with a little boyish manners. She does her own stunts in her  TV teleserye and I admired her all the more."

Among our actors, Nafa likes JM de Guzman.

"He's guiding me a lot during our shooting scenes at our last movie", Nafa answered. "He's also so supportive. Kaya lang, sobrang kulit niya na sobrang bait din. He's a very wonderful guy."

But lastly, Nafa won't attain all the accolades of her brilliant movie and TV career without the guidance of her loving parents.

"They're my greatest support factor- my parents", Nafa said in the final part of the interview. "Whatever kind of acting work I get, they always accompany me- whenever, wherever. No matter how busy they are and how tired they are, they are both always by my side. I really won't be here without them."

Nafa Cruz, the little girl grows up. And she's heading for a lot more wider horizons and opportunities. Out to be a lot more braver and greater. Forever.





(as the words were written by robert manuguid silverio)

nafa: the little girl has turned into a lady









1 komento:

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...