THE GREAT ADVOCACY OF DEREK DEE


(Note: Article Below Was First Published In Robert Silverio's Facebook Notes*)
derek: dead man walking no more

derek: ruggedly handsome

derek: with great fashion sense

Thirty years ago, action star Derek Dee stopped using drugs and he never went back doing it again from that time on. That was the turning point of his life from being a "rebel rich kid" into a man with stricter rules in life and straightness. He focused more on being a nature-lover, out-of-town thrills, health awareness and entered a career as an action star, having actress-beauty queen Melanie Marquez as his former wife at that period of time. He had totally forgotten drugs and other sorts of bad ways like being with the wrong group of friends and maybe, womanizing.
He made films and even produced some under their own I AM Productions, with the help of his late mom- Mrs. Regina Y. Dee (who passed-away a few years ago). He became famous and respectable as an action star, but his marriage with Melanie Marquez failed after they had two pretty daughters- Maxine Dominique (now residing in the U.S.) and Sarah Michelle (presently a Bench contract model). And Derek moved on with his life. Settled-in with a new girl but became a very responsible father to his daughters, as he continued to live a normal, healthy, low-key and very private life.
derek with his new girl: the greatest love

But there came a "lull" period n Derek's life when nothing was heard of him for more than a couple of years before his mom died. No one ever knew, he was encountering a very risky and life-threatening battle that no one realized. At that time, he alone faced that "greatest battle of his life".
"The effects were slow as I experienced them", Derek told a blogger-friend of his in one very intimate re-bonding meeting and interview. "I had aching bones, I felt so much fatigue, I felt weak.
"I was almost nearing my senior citizen age- almost nearing 60, and I first thought, maybe because I was simply getting older, and that's what my gym instructor also told me when I was already complaining of feeling too much fatigue every time I went to the gym. But it didn't stop there. The symptoms became unbearable so I had a general check-up to my doctor. They tested my blood and that's where they found it- I got Hepa-C."
How could he get it? Derek asked himself at that grievous time of knowing the reality of his sudden weakness in many physical aspects of himself. And his doctors told him that Hepa-C could only be transferred or dwelt into BLOOD. That's the time he realized and remembered that he used needles when he got into drugs during his teen years. And that's where he definitely got it- from a contaminated and used needle-, shared upon to him by someone who got the virus of Hepa-C.
"There are only two ways you could have Hepa-C", Derek continued on saying. "Through needles or through blood transfusion, or, liver transplant. In my case, I never had blood transfusion or any transplants. It definitely went into my blood through the needles I used when I was still using drugs."
And Derek sooner checked-upon his former friends in his teen years up to his mid-twenties years. He discovered: Seventy per cent of them had died. Those friends of his who all used drugs. They died early because they continued-on drinking, smoking, partying. Unlike him who stopped many years before them and led a clean but healthier lifestyle.
"When I knew that 70 per cent of my friends during my teen years had died, it didn't stop me from wanting to be cured of Hepa C", Derek still continued on saying. "The more I wanted to be alive and find a cure. Almost everyday, I would be at the internet looking for answers, looking for medicinal updates on the cure of Hepa-C. I googled and googled, and followed the latest news and viral links on the cure of Hepa C. Until finally, I found it. In one blog site, I saw and read that a medicine company had finally invented and formed the miraculous drug called Harvonil.
And it has a 94 per cent guaranteed cureness for Hepa-C. My efforts of looking for a cure had finally paid-off." Now, Derek is totally cured of Hepa-C because of the Harvonil drug. And he wants others to get the same experience of being totally cured from the sickness. He wants others to know, to feel, to rejoice.
Before, getting sick of Hepatitis C is already a DEATH SENTENCE. You are already a “Dead Man Walking” if you got the deadly virus. But now, things have changed.
“Yes, there’s a cure”, Derek Dee ended talking to a blogger-friend. “Even if the drug is so expensive, I can help them find ways to get the drug in a cheaper way. There’s a solution to everything. There’s a remedy for everything. And I also want the poor people who are sick of Hepa-C to be cured and avail of this drug. We can find ways to do that. This is my life’s advocacy now. And it’s going to be a lifetime commitment.”
derek with his daughter michelle and his late mom- mrs. regina y. dee (on the backdrop)

Derek is now getting tremendous support from his daughter Michelle Dee (a Bench model/artist) in this advocacy. And friends shower him with much love and moral support nowadays. It’s all too overwhelming for him, being brave enough to be open and take out the STIGMA of admitting a very deadly disease. But his strong conviction and openness only cured him more of the sickness.
If Derek Dee got the Hepa-C from drugs, it’s also a DRUG that cured him now.
And we can say by now, it’s only GOOD KARMA on his part.

(words by robert manuguid silverio)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...