maya encila: two-time best actress (for a musical play) nominee for aliw awards!

maya encila in her "beauty & the beast" outfit for rep philippines



It was a delight to see Maya Encila again, which happened at the recently-concluded Press Conference of Nine Works Theatrical's A Christmas Carol. Though Maya's not part of the cast and she simply accompanied her dad (Mr. Robert Encila) there who was covering the event for a certain web site.

Anyway, even Maya was still mourning from the death of her elder sister who's based in the United States (our condolences, Maya, to you and your dad, too.--rms*), she's still making-up a big brave front. And as professional as she could be, still managed to fulfill her works and other commitments. Although she's the type of a person who could not hide her sadness completely & openly.

"People grieve in different ways", Maya told a blogger. "With my case, I grieve openly, I can't hide it. It's because I really love my sister, we are so close to each other. I admire my dad because he's so srong, he could hide his grieve. But I know that deep within him, his heart is melting."

A blogger felt that Maya, in any minute, could burst into tears. So the blogger decided to change the topic of conversation. He asked Maya how she felt about being nominated again for Aliw Awards this year as Best Actress for a Musical Play, via the play Beauty & the Beast of Repertory Philippines?

"I feel so honored, really", Maya answered. "And it's my responsibility to upheld the standards of my acting profession. And I know that there's gonna be so much more expectations on me this time. What I feel now is, I need to be a lot more consistent in my acting ability for the next projects that I would have.

"I'm nervous, but I'm composed this time around", she continued saying. "Last year, when I was also nominated for Best Actress in a Musical for Aliw Awards for another musical play KATIPS (by Philippine Stagers Foundation), that was my first time to be nominated here in the Philippines. I was so nervous then. Now, I am more at ease. And yes, definitely, I will attend the Aliw Awards ceremonies, I will be there."

Maya told a blogger that she owed much from Vince Tanada for her acting nominations at the Aliw Awards. 


vince tanada: maya's mentor
"Vince is so talented", according to Maya as she further went on saying. "I'm really impressed with him. And I owe him a lot to where I am now as an actress here in the Philippines.

"He's like a mentor figure to me", she added. "He's like a Big Bro and I learned so much from him. I don't think I won't land professionally as an actress now in Repertory Philippines without my proper training and background as a Stager in Philippine Stagers Foundation of Vince Tanada."

Until the month of December, Maya will be finishing her remaining performances for Beauty & the Beast musical play for Repertory Philippines. And she's open to the idea of acting professionally in the movies also someday.

"That's why I'm learning much now on speaking Tagalog", Maya said in the end.

More power, Maya.


(words by robert silverio)


maya: gorgeous

maya's ballet-like moves


maya plays the guitar


maya(near center) with fellow Stagers of Philippine Stagers Foundation


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...