RICHARD QUAN'S LASTING HANGOVER OF WINNING BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR AT TOFARM FILMFEST RECENTLY....

actor richard quan holds his most-coveted best Supporting Actor trophy

richard in one of the most poignant scenes in the film "1957"

from left to right: director huibert tibi, actor roland innocencio, richard and TV host jojo alejar in a midnight TV guesting

richard in character

richard, as in forever...



It took him 25 long years before being recognized again in an award-giving body. His very first and last award happened 25 years ago, when he won Best New Male Actor for PMPC Star Awards. That was then and here it was now- he, winning the most elusive Best Supporting Actor award at the recently-concluded Tofarm Film festival (just a few weeks ago).

The hangover of winning was lasting. It almost never ended. After that awards night, everyday therein after, greetings, congratulatory remarks, hugs and kisses never seemed to stop. And Richard said to a blogger: "Last na ito, you will be the last person I did meet now that would talk about my winning the award."

Haha. And Richard smiled. Not far from where he stood and spoke, his film director in the film 1957- in person of Hubert Tibi, looked upon. The director also smiled. It was a gentle victory for both of them, since the film 1957 also won several awards in the Tofarm Film Fest, including the 2nd Best Picture award.

"It was so touching that the whole film industry was so happy for me about the winning", Richard continued on to say, as he sat in front of the blogger. "Tuwang-tuwa silang lahat sa akin at nakakataba ng puso 'yun. I really felt so overwhelmed about it. And now, I realized na lahat ng paghihirap ko, may magandang kapalit in the end. It was so redeeming for me.

But did you feel a lot more pressure now, Richard? We mean, people may expect much more now from you in terms of your acting capabilities...?

"I'm just calm", Richard answered. "Even at that time that I received the award on stage, I was just calm. I guess, I will simply maintain my composure up to this very minute as not to feel the pressure that's gonna doubled-up. I felt more confident, not pressured. Kasi, in a way, nalaman ko at na-validate ng husto na tama pala ang lahat ng ginagawa ko. That my acting skills could land me as to where I am now. The judges at the 3rd Tofarm Film Festival were all excellent in their respective fields and positions, kaya hindi mo makukuwestiyon iyon. These very people represented the whole film industry.

"And looking back, I enjoyed the process, that, I can say", he added. "The process and the journey of my being an actor was all worth it. Now, I simply need to stay focused lang. And I am welcoming in my life now a lot more challenging opportunities."

And who was the most important person who was there when you received the award, Chard?

"My mom", Richard quickly answered back. "Yeah, she was there with me that night at the Makati Shangri-la Hotel. It was her very first time to attend an awarding wherein I am nominated. In the previous nominations that I got, I was not bringing her with me. Now that I brought her with me, I finally won. She's my lucky charm."

AND NOW, AN IMPORTANT NOTE.

Actors knows a good role when they see one.

In the case of the film 1957, the very first time that Richard read the script and studied his role, he knew, he won't ever give-up that kind of a film role.

"And when that moment came and we had a meeting altogether with director Hubert, they all asked me: 'How much'?", Richard revealed. "And it's my first time to answer this one: Bahala na kayo. You see, Robert, when an actor says that- 'bahala na kayo'- when it regards to his talent fee, it only means that no matter how low the talent fee is, he'll still gonna accept the role. It's more than a YES answer. That's how much I love my role in the film 1957."


***********   **********  **********

Actors are windows to our own imaginations. Actors catalyzes our feelings, our desires, our awesome wonders.

When actors like Richard Quan comes here to stay for long and receives an award that further guarantees his greatness...

FOREVER

doesn't seem to be that far away.





(as written by robert manuguid silverio)



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...