THE STORY BEHIND "YOU ARE THE ONE" SONG OF LANCE RAYMUNDO....







One sunny day, coming from a long trip and an out-of-town gig, Lance Raymundo was suddenly transported in an amazing spot. And he never knew how he got there. He was driving and a little tired, and somehow he changed patterns of the roads he was taking. Until he landed on a very familiar place. A landmark that surely brought him back to memories of the PAST.

"I was there at the very spot wherein I used to hang-around with my ex-girlfriend who was my inspiration and memory when I wrote the lyrics of the song You Are The One", Lance told a blogger-friend. "Everything suddenly came back- the feelings, the memories, the pains. I almost cried, but I tried to smiled. I really did not know how I got there. I just kept on driving and suddenly, there I was.

"It's the place wherein we used to joke around, sit, and play around before she goes up home", Lance continued to say. "It's their residential street. That's the spot where I will pick her up for a date, or for stroll or a little hi's and hello's. Funny, but sometimes, good things never really last."

And all too suddenly, the song You Are The One suddenly played over his car radio. It's as if, it's 'Someone Up There' playing a joke on him. And he heard a radio listener commenting how he loved the song as the DJ asked more love questions on the listener who was commenting.

"Haha, the song could relate to everyone, most especially to me!", Lance said again. "I never knew that the very song I composed and wrote could turn it on back at me."

And that's the story behind the song YOU ARE THE ONE, #YATO. The girl he fell in love to, got married and preferred to live abroad. She was a Cover Girl, a model and an artist. 

"We even almost got married", Lance revealed. "But Fate became a hindrance. Maybe, we were not really meant for each other. Looking back, if I got married then at a very young age, I won't be Lance Raymundo by now. I won't enjoy creating this song which is now a big success for my second comeback as a singer. I owe it to that experience."

But the MTV of the song YATO (You Are The One) did reveal a different aspect, though. Almost true-to-life, as it depicted Lance's facial accident a few years back.

"It was the idea of the director", Lance clarified. "But when it was shown to the media last week during my press conference, they all got the message of the twist ending. That whether the man was still handsome or not anymore- maybe looking like a freak already, someone would still love you truly and forever. That's really the message of my song You Are The One."

Lance's song- YATO (You Are The One), is now circulating all-over Riyadh in Saudi Arabia, San Diego in California, and even in Qatar. And why? Because a lot of Lance's followers and fans who all resides from those places did make a promise to Lance that they will support the song.

"This successful comeback of mine as a singer, I guess, I really owe it to my fans", Lance said in the end. "That's why I offer this song to them."

Definitely, we say YES.



(words by robert silverio)

PHOTOGRAPHS BY: MR. WILSON FERNANDEZ OF MANILA BULLETIN








Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...