"Every year, as I change, the same way that my portrayal as Jesus changes, too"--- LANCE


LANCE: NOT THE CLASSICAL LOOK OF JESUS
A NATURAL, CLEAN-CUT LANCE




Now that actor-singer Lance Raymundo is deep into the rehearsals of  Tanghalang Sta. Ana's Senakulo entitled Martir Sa Golgota, many thoughts were coming upon his mind. Thoughts that somehow challenges him, provokes him, inspires him. That, of doing more and totally do the best that he can. 

People's expectations are so high now, Lance knows that. His family, friends, peers- all of them, are excited and so hot in watching him all-over again portray the role of Jesus- this time, at the Cultural Center of the Philippines.

"I am really thankful that I'm still the one they chose to portray the role of Jesus", Lance told to his blogger-friend over a cup of coffee at Starbucks. "It's first time talaga for Tanghalang Sta. Ana theater people that they perform this Senakulo at the CCP, though they have performed there already in many occasions in the past, but to bring this Senakulo there, it means a lot to them. It's a milestone for all of us. It's now posted at the Cafeteria of Tanghalang Sta. Ana's theater house in Plaza Hugo, Sta. Ana, Manila-, that we are performing there at the CCP.

"You know what, Robert, I really wanna do well, I wanna exceed all their expectations", Lance continued to say. "And I will assure everybody, it's going to be a very memorable portrayal of Jesus Christ. Because you see, Robert, even for one, I never really expected this to happen. It's as if Some One Up There made it all happen. Portraying Jesus Christ at the CCP was something I never imagined of."

Lance recalled, when he first watched an indie film at Cinemalaya film fest many years ago, he somewhat thought of acting soon in a Cinemalaya film. And it happened just after one year after that.

"The next year in Cinemalaya film fest, I got included in the film Nerseri which won awards there", Lance revealed. "It all happens, you see. And after that, I was able to watch a great concert at the CCP again. On that moment, I dreamed. How I wished to be able to go on stage at the CCP. After a year, it happened again. I became a co-presenter of an awarding there at the CCP, and I conquered the CCP stage. It's pretty fascinating.

"Now, I am performing right there, and it's something so different because I am portraying the role of Jesus Christ", he quipped. "It's something that I can't comprehend but gladly take the challenge and the privilege."

For quite a few years now, Lance has been portraying the Son of God in Tanghalang Sta. Ana's yearly devotion to the Lord every Holy Week. And now this year, will his attack on portraying JC offer something more or change in some forms, compared in the previous years?

"Every year, as I change, the same way that my portrayal as Jesus Christ changes, too", Lance easily answered to his friend-blogger as he sipped another round of Starbucks coffee. "It depends on my present state of mind and emotions. Last year, when I portrayed JC, I was coping with my dad's illness. It was so painful. Soon my dad died. And after almost a year now of his passing, I am portraying JC again this coming Holy Week. I guess, I am more relaxed now and accepting. I have given thanks to the Lord. That, whatever happens in our lives, there's a reason for everything. So, my attack on portraying JC now is more content, maybe much more embracing, I may say.

"We all have freedom to do what we want", Lance added up. "As an actor, direk Lou Veloso, my director in this Senakulo, gave me all the freedom on how to attack my role. But he only gave me one tip of an advice: to portray Jesus Christ as a human being. And I will do just as that."

In the end, Jesus Christ's teachings will still be the one that would somehow save the world. Whether we turn the world upside down or not, HIS words would still outlast the tests of Time.

And for one actor named Lance Raymundo, the power of Jesus' spirit lives within us all.

"Jesus is us, he lives among us", Lance said in the end. "I'm just more than prepared now to tell the story of Jesus to everyone again. My role as an actor is to inspire people. And it's going to be a very sincere portrayal."

And it's high time to give THANKS to Lance.... and to Jesus.



(words by robert manuguid silverio)
PHOTOS BY: MR. WILSON FERNANDEZ (of Liwayway Magazine)
With additional photos by: Mr. Carlo Viajero and Ms. Theresa Mortel (the rehearsal photos)

a scene from last year's MARTIR NG GOLGOTA senakulo

Jesus and Pontius Pilate (a scene from last year's senakulo)

Judas kisses Jesus (a scene from last year's MARTIR NG GOLGOTA play by Tanghalang Sta. Ana)
REHEARSAL PHOTOS BY MS. THERESA MORTEL









LANCE AND MS. THERESA MORTEL


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...