JHAY LAYSON: THE PASSIONATE ARTIST...

jhay layson: great passion for the Arts

jay: "designing suits is my style"

jay with his male models at TCMI Fashion Academy



It's one of those cozy and relaxing afternoons when one one blogger met-up with a passionate artist. The rains did not show-up on that day and the shining sun on that mid-day time made everything bright. Everything was set and the professionalism of the artist, alongside with his nice approach and warmth, made his blogger-guest very much at home.

A great snack of a Korean dessert of banana-caramel ice cream and Kimchi noodles made it all perfect, as the artist first invited the blogger to eat at Korean Bangsu along J. Molina St. in Concepcion, Marikina- a place which the artist owned. A warm reception like this, plus the great sincerity of the artist were the things that matters most.

After the wonderful merienda treat, the blogger was there inside the TCMI Fashion Academy and the staff were there were so nice and kind. Such a good training that the artist-owner of TCMI had taught them. Very impressive, indeed.

Around ten more minutes, everything happened fast already. The blogger was already facing the artist-owner of TCMI for an interview, after a little bit of more friendly greetings and tsika-tsika.

His name: Mr. Jhay Layson. A fashion entrepreneur, handler of commercial and runway models, and surprisingly, a public school teacher.

But the most important thing of them all- a PASSIONATE ARTIST. That's how one blogger could fully describe Mr. Jhay Layson.

How would you define yourself as an artist and a fashion designer, Mr. Jhay Layson?, one blogger asked:

"I am the kind of a fashion designer who gets inspiration on streets of Manila and the Metropolis and the daily lifestyle of the people", came Mr. Layson's answer. "That's where I get my ideas and creativity. From ordinary people and the scenery- then I transform them into ART, into designing clothes.

"You see, since I was a little kid, I like dressing-up people na", Mr. Layson continued. "And it started with my dolls. Habang nilalaro ko 'yung mga manyika ko nu'ng bata pa ako, I also dress them up. That's why when I grew older, the more I wanted to dress-up people. And it's fabulous.

"You see my style as a designer is more into formal wear and suits", he added up more saying. "Kaya lang, seasonal 'yun. Here in the Philippines, people are not used up in dressing-up in suits and all. They only dress-up on occasions like gala nights, weddings, hotel functions and the likes. That's why it's seasonal talaga. I love designing sexy suits, too. It pleases me much as an artist."

Question Number 2: Mr. Jhay Layson, what are the other aspects of your personality that goes alongside with the things that you do?

"My everyday life is like a routine, Sir Robert", Mr. Layson answered the question in a different way somehow. "In the morning, from 6 a.m. until 12 noon, would you believe that I am a public school teacher? Yeah, I am. And I have been teaching for the last 30 years. It's my happiness, to TEACH. I could say that it's also another aspect of my personality, aside from being a fashion designer.

"I love teaching the young and mold them into becoming better persons in the future", Mr. Layson added up saying again. "Yun bang someday, they will remember you and say to you that they're proud of you kasi naging TEACHER ka nila. Nakakataba ng puso 'yun. Teaching in a public school is one advocacy that I can never let go. I guess, it's my mission in life to teach

"Pagdating naman ng 1 p.m. until night, I transform into becoming a fashion artist", he quipped. "You will see me at TCMI Fashion Academy dealing with my clients, my models and my staff. It's two different lifestyles entirely."

Question Number three:Being the owner and Creative Director at the same time of TCMI Fashion Academy, how do you compete with the likes of SM, Rustan's, and other giant garment stores?

"I do not compete", came Mr. Layson's answer. "I am not into that, you see. I simply do my own thing and the rest follows. I just use my own creativity into transforming TCMI Fashion Academy and the clothes that I design into something much better. I train the TCMI models into becoming better persons and help them succeed in their dreams to become fashion and commercial models. I always love them to see looking good in any prestigious events that they attend.

"You see, Sir Robert, at the end of the day, what matters most to me is the self-fulfillment that I get in helping and teaching young people", he continued. "Just like the models I train at TCMI, I also get the same fulfillment in my other task- the public school teaching task. I have also taught in Vietnam, Korea, Thailand. They were part of my being an Ambassador for UNESCO, kaya ako nakapagturo sa mga bansang iyan."

Last Question, Mr. Jhay Layson, because I will reserve the other questions in the Part Two of your article. Bibitinin ko muna mga fans mo for now. Here's my last question: Is the fashion industry booming nowadays?

"Yes, and it's very digital nowadays", came Mr. Layson's answer. "That's why it's super fast now to see on the net the latest trend on fashion. The Millennial fashion designers, they no longer draw their designs on the sketch pad. They now do it fast on the internet. It's really very TECHIE na. 

"Fashion stays", he concluded. "People would always love to dress-up good and proper. It makes them feel confident. And a good fashion will never let you down."


Thank you, Mr Jhay Layson. 


(PART TWO OF MR. JHAY LAYSON'S ARTICLE WILL BE NEXT WEEK, HERE AT SWORDSHINES10 BLOG SITE)---****


written by robert manuguid silverio

jhay with actor piolo pascual

jhay with actor xian lim

jhay with alden richards

jhay putting oil on his foreign model

jhay during a wrokshop for aspiring models

jhay with an A-1 male model

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...