CARLO MENDOZA: THE NEW PADRE SALVI IN GANTIMPALA THEATER FOUNDATION'S "KANSER 2019"...







"I am learning a lot", Carlo Mendoza, the new Padre Salvi in Gantimpala Theater Foundation's Kanser 2019, said at the start of an interview. "The process may be hard, but I know, it's a good training for me. Coming from the world of Pop, my venture into theater acting now is a big challenge. It just came accidentally and I grabbed it at once because I know I also have the passion towards it.

"Once you really wanna' do the things you really like, everything's gonna be easier after", he continued. "Because you are willing to learn and my heart is full. It's a total dedication now on my part and I know, my efforts will be paid-off."

Carlo gets good moral support from his manager Jobert Sucaldito in his venture into Theater.

"He told me I must do my best, my very best", Carlo said. "He encouraged me to research further on my character Padre Salvi in the play Kanser. I got to read the book Noli Me Tangere by Dr. Jose Rizal when I was in high school to which the play was adapted upon. Yeah, I have an idea who Padre Salvi was. And portraying the role needed my all-out focus.

"Nanay Jobert also told me that to be included in the play Kanser is such a great honor and privilege", again he continued to say. "Not all new singers or actors are given a chance like this. So I am really so pressured now, I really must do it well."

Carlo will also be having singing scenes in the play and he could use his voice to further convince everyone that he's right for the part.

"I had voice lessons with the musical director Joed Balsamo and acting workshops with our co-actor Neil Tolentino to further prepare me for the part", Carlo revealed. "It was a great help. And Kuya Kiel Alo always reminds me to memorize the script and the lines. And whenever I came to the rehearsals, I am ready. But you see, when my nervousness attacks, that's it, I can not even move my feet during the rehearsals. But later on, everything subsided. I am more relaxed now."

According to some media people, Carlo's parents are not really that keen on Carlo becoming a theater actor. They want Carlo to simply handle their construction business.

"But I will soon prove to them that they will be proud of me once they watched me perform at Kanser 2019", he guaranteed by saying. "I know they will understand me better soon. I will show to them that I am also good in acting at the theater."

And last question for Carlo, how much does he know about the character of Padre Salvi?

"Padre Salvi is a deceiving Spanish Priest", he said in the end. "he has a secret eye on Maria Clara. He is among Crisostomo Ibarra's many nemesis. He is young and very passionate."

Good luck to you, Carlo Mendoza.




(written by robert manuguid silverio)
vid of the Finale Scene of Kanser 2018 (last year), courtesy of AXL powehouse network.**


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...