short q & a with direk joel lamangan, the artistic director of gantimpala theater foundation

direk joel: an untiring spirit for gantimpala theater foundation






(photo credits: MR. JOVITO BONITA, member of Gantimpala Theater Foundation)

ROBERT:  Direk Joel, what can you say about your forthcoming event at Gantimpala Theater Foundation entitled "Full Force: Unite, Ignite for Forty"?

JOEL: Maganda. I like it so much. The plan is good. It will revive former members of Gantimpala to be active again and do something for our theater group. Kaya excited talaga ako sa event na iyan. Sana, we can go on doing what we're doing. 

ROBERT: What will be your participation for this event, sir Joel?

JOEL: I will be one of the people who will talk on the program proper. I will give a very inspirational message to all our members. being the Artistic Director of Gantimpala, it's my duty to inspire and serve them. Na sana, umabot pa kami to the next 40 years, now that we have turned 40. I will talk to people on that event, personally talk to them one by one. I want to unite again all Gantimpala theater artists.

ROBERT: What can you say po, sir, about the late Tony Espejo who was the man behind Gantimpala?

JOEL: Tony Espejo is Tony Espejo. Siya ang ang nag-umpisa ng gantimpala Theater Foundation. I have witnessed all his hardships and great efforts to make Gantimpala one of the leading theater groups. No one can duplicate him.

ROBERT: Hindi ka po ba nahihirapan ngayon to continue what the late Tony Espejo left as a legacy of Gantimpala? It seems to be a great task handling and being the artistic director of this very prestigious theater group.

JOEL: All I can say is, be brave. I need to be brave. Pinangatawanan ko na ito. Itutuloy-tuloy ko na. But I am not someone who  walks with the same shoes as someone's... I am me. I have my own style. I have my own identity. I just hope, gantimpala will find its own place this time. Kaya bago na, iba na. Lalo na ang mundo ngayon ng teatro, there are more competitions coming-in. But I am confident enough that we will find our place under the sun.

ROBERT: Many are saying that the theater world now is coming fully alive and kicking, and I think Gantimpala will be able to soar higher this time, sir.

JOEL: Naisip ko din iyan. masigla nga ang mundo ngayon ng teatro. That's why I can not say no when people kept on giving me some needed moral support to save gantimpala. But the thing is, I can not be very secure this time. We need to be careful about everything. We need good marketing people to further help us with our plays.

ROBERT: In the final end, ano po talaga ang layunin ng Gantimpala? Ang malinis nitong instensyon para sa lahat?

JOEL: Ang gusto lang namin ay makapag-develop ng new playwrights. Yan ang adhikain noon ng the late Tony Espejo at itutuloy-tuloy ko 'yan. We will never get tired developing new theater artists. Dedikasyon na namin iyan sa Sining. Yan basically ang tunay na layunin ng Gantimpala Theater Foundation.

ROBERT: Maraming salamat po, direk.

JOEL: Maraming salamat din, Robert.


---- end of interview -----





Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...