CARLO CRUZ COMES BACK WITH A VENGEANCE

yes, carlo comes back (PHOTO CREDITS: RICARDO DELA CRUZ YAN II)

carlo looking up (PHOTO CREDITS: RICARDO DELA CRUZ YAN II)





Last year, he suddenly left. Totally gone. Just like the magnificent Houdini who magically did an amazing "great escape". It was all too sudden then. His friends, family and other loved ones never knew about it, too. It was a great MYSTERY.

And, as you linger upon his Facebook posts, that's where you could see that he's living another life back at the U.S. of A. At NYC (New York City), wherein you could almost feel another "James Dean-life and existence". Hanging around with his fellow artists and theater performers- living a cool life, lingering by the picturesque landscapes of New York City.

But one soul waited. He wished for him to come back, have coffee with him again, and cherish back those cute smiles of his, baby-like aura, and magnetic charms.

His name is Carlo Cruz, an indie film actor who have done a few memorable indie films here in the Philippines before he left for NYC.

What really happened, Carlo?

"At time kasi, I had no film projects that's why I left muna", Carlo answered during a coffee interview with a blogger-friend at Cibo restaurant in Greenhills. "So I thought of doing something more positive in my life. To pursue my studies in the U.S., take a daytime job there and continue my passion for theater arts- that is, acting, on the New York arts scene. 

"Yeah, the sad thing is, I did not tell anyone about it", Carlo continued saying. "Even to my friend, Lance Raymundo, I did not tell it, even to my mom and dad. because I thought, I will only there in the U.S. for three months and will be back at once. But many other things went along the way, and I stayed in the U.S. longer as I planned. I joined the theater scene there, auditioned for roles, and met new friends."

And looking upon his eyes, you could almost see FOREVER. There's something in it, like a window to everlasting love and awesomeness. Like a pair of a cat's eyes that's been lingering deep within your soul, awaiting to be loved.

And yes, he CAME BACK.

"The main reason why I came back now, aside from the fact that I really missed my loved ones, is this film project that I got casted in", Carlo said again. "It's a big film project here in the Philippines na habambuhay kong itse-cherish because it's a once-in-a-lifetime film and I feel so honored to be among the cast. It's an epic film of gigantic proportions, a period movie, with a big cast and historical value. It's one of my dreams to portray a role of someone in the Philippine History - and now, it happened.

"I will be leaving again soon but I will come back again by the month of April to start shooting the film", Carlo hanged-on saying. "I am pretty excited to act this time in a mainstream film. Actually, I first auditioned for the director of the film for a different film. But this time, they called me back for this new film. And I am now readying myself for it."

Wow. But Carlo begged-off and requested this blogger not to mention the film first because it's still too early. Nevertheless, he promised to invite this blogger once he starts shooting the film. And that promise will never be BROKEN. Ha-ha.

Back in New York, according to Carlo, the theater scene there is also booming, same as here now in the Philippines.

"They have so many new ideas there", Carlo said anew. "And the people there, basically like us also here in the Philippines. The same passion, the same dedication, the same unique factor that binds us altogether- and that is, the love for the ART."

Carlo also met a few Hollywood actors and actresses back in the U.S., and also some Fil-American actors who were all making good there.

"Marami rin pala sila", Carlo continued saying. "There are also a lot of Filipino actors and artists there in N.Y. I hang around with them sometimes. We all share the same views in life."

YES, CARLO CRUZ COMES BACK WITH A VENGEANCE.

And among the people he met now again, one of the very first ones was his buddy- no less than LANCE RAYMUNDO.

"Lance has been one of my very best friends", Carlo told a blogger. " It's been twelve years of friendship with him. Such a long time, isn't it? For more than a decade now, we've shared lots of memories together, and we never fought. It's the kind of friendship you will treasure forever."

And thanks God, Carlo met with that blogger again. Also among the very few people he wanted back to meet. pretty amazing.

And that blogger told himself: "This time I'll be sweeter".

See you again soon, Carlo.


(written by robert manuguid silverio)


carlo with fellow theater artists in new york city

carlo with bff lance

carlo: intense (PHOTO CREDITS: WANDA DOMINGO)

carlo in a james dean pose (PHOTO CREDITS: RICARDO DELA CRUZ YAN II)



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...