"after the death of an artist, his works will be discovered"--- rafael cusi




mr. cusi paints blogger robert? nope. it's the minalungao river from below. haha.

mr. cusi paints with a light load

mr. cusi at work

(mr. cusi's photo above: courtesy of steemit.com)

(mr. cusi' photo above, courtesy of kunstartgallery.com)

robert, late mayor ferdinand bote (r.i.p.) and rafael cusi

blogger robert, the late mayor bote (r.i.p.) and mr. rafael cusi

mr. rafael cusi (fifth from left), with fellow artistic people and the late mayor of gen. tinio (n.e.) mayor ferdinand bote (r.i.p.) at an artistic event

a cusi watercolor

a cusi watercolor

a cusi acrylic

a cusi painting

a cusi 'nude'

a cusi nude work

"I got off to what they called us Style or distinction", world-renowned watercolor painter said to a blogger over a cup of coffee at Shangrila Hotel. "Hindi na laging style ang nasa isip ko ngayon as a painter. It's basically me, myself. Lumalabas ang sarili ko kahit ano'ng gawin ko- especially through my works.

"So, what I say is, I don't define my works anymore", Mr. Cusi continued saying. "I don't label my works in a certain style. I'm no longer conscious about it. When I was younger, maybe, I was."

These were the words that Mr. Rafael Cusi- a Filipino international painter, said. It simply left a better and greater impression on his grandeur as an artist- on the eyes of everyone, especially that very afternoon that he met-up with the blogger.

A very down-to-earth individual with many funny anecdotes on life, an inept charm, and handsomeness as you stared longer upon his personality- Mr. Cusi was more than a friend to that blogger than a casual client for interview.

"We had a wonderful time at the Biyaya Ng Sining artistic event of the late Mayor Ferdinand Bote (R.I.P.), isn't it, Robert?", Mr. Cusi abruptly changed the topic of the interview into a more personal one. "I'm just so sad now that Mayor Bote is gone now. I was there at his wake and I did a painting for his bereaved family."

And that's where the friendship started. On that very event of the late Mayor of Papaya (General Tinio), Nueva Ecija. On those days, one blogger would watch Mr. Cusi paint on a high deck fronting the Minalungao enchanted river. On a few nights, they would drink and talk about spirits and ghosts. But the most memorable ones were those casual lunches with the great painter as he shared experiences in many countries in Europe wherein his works were exhibited. On those stories he had, he simply showed to the world that one humble Filipino could make those foreigners kneel down their feet.

"I'm just doing my own version of what God has created", Mr. Cusi said again as he sipped his coffee and an expensive slice of pizza. "My works simply reflects another version of what God has done. And I'm happier doing this rather that limit myself with distinction and style. You see, life is too short to limit yourself or hide your self. What I want now is, to experience doing many kinds of art forms while I am still alive.

"Because, if you haven't noticed it yet, it's only after the death of an artist, that his works will be discovered", he quipped and added. "But you see, if you dwell on that idea for long, you're breaking the Liberty of further swimming in an ocean of limitless possibilities as an earthling. You have to conquer more. You have responsibilities."

Cusi's idol is no less than Pizarro.

"He started it out as a Realist and later turned-out to be an Impressionist", Cusi said. "That's why I also want to create Impressionist paintings someday. But like me, Pizarro also have imperfections. Madaming anak ang Diyos na hindi rin naman perpekto, di ba?"

Before the year ends, Mr. Rafael Cusi, better known as Popoy Cusi to his friends, will be having a One-Man-Show on the month of December, to be held at the Exhibit Art Center of SM Megamall. His watercolour paintings, especially his 'nudes' would surely be a best seller there.

"It's easy to become a Painter, but it's hard to become an Artist", were the words that concluded Mr. Cusi's interview with his friend-blogger.

And surely, it was so.

(More on Mr. Cusi on the coming issues of swordshines10.blogspot.com.---rs*)



(written by robert manuguid silverio)




2 komento:

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...