LANCE RAYMUNDO: A "JESUS CHRIST HANGOVER"....

LANCE; a great hangover as Christ
When tears are not enough to justify a scene, especially when you see a character being tortured and judged and ridiculed, those moments lingered on upon the hearts and minds of those who loved HIM.

In a truthful presentation of The Greatest Story Ever Told, the hangover simply wasn't just enough.

And the actor by the name of Lance Raymundo, would definitely linger more.

"I was really surprised this year with the great TV mileage of our Senakulo which had its last performance for 2019 last April 20 at the Greenfield District", Lance told a blogger-friend. "Because you see, Rob, this year, I did not exert much effort to promote or publicize the play. I did not ask Shandii Bacolod to hold a press conference or whatsoever. I did not invite anyone. It's because this year, I wanted a more solemn and personal portrayal of Jesus. I did not do it for any career move or whatsoever, I simply wanted to glorify His name.

"But of course, I would not say no every time a media man or some TV stations would want to interview me about being Jesus", Lance continued on saying. "It's just ironical that this year, at a time that I wanted a silent portrayal, it's there that the media men covered it more. The likes of TV patrol, GMA news, and others. Even on some cable channels, wow, I was really surprised. I guess, people are more inclined now on their Catholic faith every Holy Week season."

And it was done. Even the delicate type of audience at the Cultural Center of the Philippines were so impressed by Lance's very serious attack on his portrayal as Jesus. It's the first time that Lance acted in a CCP venue and it was pretty thrilling on his part. 

Feed backs, reviews, hear says- they all have one common description: That Lance Raymundo was so effective as Jesus Christ, our Lord.

According to one blogger:"Lance delivered his lines with clarity, magnitude and superiority. He spoke with feelings. And it transcended upon the innermost senses of my soul."

An Art patroness said this in addition: "The way he stood on stage, wow, he looked so confident but gentle. He has great eye contact to the audience. And the handsomest Jesus Christ that I had seen."

With all these good remarks that Lance got upon acting it out as Jesus, what could he say by now about the experience?

"It's a great feeling to share the messages of Christ to everyone", Lance answered. "And it's more natural this year, more free-wheeling, less pressure. I wanted it that way, you see. Because my attitude this time, I simply wanted it on a more personal level than a professional stand.

"It was heavenly", Lance added saying. "Seeing how people, especially the young, react on some Biblical scenes, I could feel I was made as an instrument by God to further convey the meanings of Jesus' teachings and legacy. I'm no longer thinking about what the critics would say, because deep in my heart, I knew I did the right thing."

And last question for Lance, how would he react if most of the people did say that he's the handsomest Jesus?

"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder", came Lance's final answer. "If they see me that way, there's no one to blame. Because you see, Jesus is the embodiment of us all."

Very well said, Papa Lance.




(words by robert manuguid silverio)




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...