MON CONFIADO PLAYS AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN THE FILM "DOUBLE TWISTING, DOUBLE BACK"....

mon confiado coaches tony labrusca in a scene from the movie "double twisting, double back"

mon: an actor of high caliber

mon: an international actor, too

mon and tony in a scene from "double twisting, double back"


mon and tony: ready for take!

mon: from a general to a gymnast coach






"It's not that easy to change your character in a sudden shift of roles", came Mon Confiado's quick answer at the start of an interview with a blogger. "You've got to study, research and read the script very hard. As an actor, it's your job to do so.

"You see, what's important is, you've got to maintain the stability of your career as an actor, that what matters most", he continued saying. "After portraying the much-coveted role of General Emilio Aguinaldo in the epic film Goyo: Ang Batang Heneral, many people were expecting much more from me. My role here in my latest film Double Twisting, Double Back may not be as grandeur as that of my role in Goyo. But I guess, it's a good follow-up. As what I've said, what's important for an actor like me is the staying power. You have to do films consistently."

Very great words coming from a good actor like Mon, indeed. And what's so nice about him, he's all-out happy in supporting younger actors like Tony Labrusca and Joem Bascon who are both on the lead roles in the said film.

"I am predicting that both Tony and Joem will be competing the Best Actor trophy in the coming awards night of Cinema One Originals 2018", Mon said. "Both of them are so good in this film. Sobrang excited ako para sa kanilang dalawa. To support them both in this film, I feel so proud that I was given the privilege. And it was a great experience working with them both in this film.

"Ang importante sa mga aktor na tulad ko, may project agad akong kasunod after a monumental film like Goyo", Mon added saying. "I can say by now, after reading the script of Double twisting, Double Back, wow, talagang it's one of the best movie scripts that I've ever read! I was so amazed by the script of our director, Joseph Abello. It's one of the very best scripts for Cinema One. Mr. Ronald Arguelles have an Ace on this one. I won't be accepting the role if not for the good script. You see, for an actor like me, importante talaga 'yung kagandahan ng pelikula, eh."

In the film Double Twisting, Double Back, Mon is playing the role of Raffy, the very personal coach to Badger, played by Tony Labrusca. And there will be a twist in Mon's character here, a surprise. But even though Mon told it to the blogger interviewing him, we'd rather not mention the surprising twist of his character in the film.

"I am a straight coach here, who's very dedicated to bring out the best in Badger, which is Tony", Mon said. "I am an A-List coach. But to coach Badger in the film, I have a very personal agenda. And you'll gonna know it once you watch the film."


mon as general emilio aguinaldo in "goyo" film

Still feeling the hangover of his last film Goyo, Mon admitted that by helping promote the film all-over the Philippines made him a better man.

"Until now, I am sharing the Goyo film on my Facebook, Twitter and InstaGram accounts", he said. "I really helped promoting the film. We went to various schools and universities all-over the Philippines. And the experience was tremendous. Somehow, I saw the young people starting to appreciate and value Philippine History. At the end of the day, I felt I was a better man and a greater Filipino."

Still busy nowadays filming lots and lots of his indie films being shown internationally, Mon would want to sneak-in a little break and a short vacation.

"But they say, strike while the iron is hot", came Mon's last words. "I won't be able to sneak-out because of those so many film commitments. Maybe that short vacation I have been dreaming will happen next year pa, if my schedule permits. Hahahaha!"

Keep on the staying power, Mr. Mon Confiado!



(words written by robert manuguid silverio)

PHOTOS COURTESY OF MR. MON CONFIADO AND "DOUBLE TWISTING, DOUBLE BACK" FB PAGE.*


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...