Q & A ON PATRICK ADRIAN LIBAO: THE NEW BOARD MEMBER OF PHILIPPINE STAGERS FOUNDATION

PATRICK: BOYISHLY SEXY!

PATRICK DISPLAYS HIS BACK SKIN TATTOO

ONE POIGNANT SCENE IN  A PSF PLAY AS PATRICK EMBRACES VINCE TANADA


Mr Patrick Adrian Libao, one of our favorite Stagers was quite on a "Beast Mode" that afternoon at the last day PSF Summer Fest 2019, as he spoke about one playwright/critic for being harsh in reviewing PSF plays. We seldom saw Patrick being like that. That's why for us, he really meant was he said and he's really mad on that "ungrateful" playwright.

This blogger felt Patrick was right. Because as we watched the five plays presented and performed that very day at the PSF Studio, it was all beautiful and mind-blowing. We wondered, how could someone be wrong in judging these PSF plays?

Anyway, we're moving on. Patrick's rantings on that person somehow helped us more to believe that original PSF plays were worthy of good reviews and raves.

During dinner time, Patrick sat in front of us and as we ate together the very good dinner served after watching the five plays that concluded the PSF Summer Festival that very day, we felt Patrick's warmth and great affections. Patrick remained to be so true to us and eternally sincere.

And while eating the perfect dinner served, we managed to ask Patrick some questions in the special Q & A below. Read on:

ROBERT: Patrick, how does it feel to win at the Aliw Awards this year?

PATRICK: Yeah, it feels so good. I won as Best Featured Actor in a Musical this year at the Aliw Awards. It was also my fifth nomination there, having nominated before in Bonifacio: Isang Sarsuwela, Joe, The Musical, Popular and Filipinas 1941. Winning the award this time, I can say, is a good opportunity for me. Finally, na-recognize na ako. And my love and passion for the Arts really was worth it all. This time around, I will inspire more, show my craft and transform lives. That's my mission as an actor.
One thing more, I really got flattered winning the award side by side with Ms. Lea Salonga- she won naman the Best Featured Actress in a Musical. It gave me a tremendous feeling.

ROBERT: How passionate are you as an actor, Patrick?

PATRICK: In a scale from 1 to 10, I rate myself 11, in terms of being so passionate about my craft. You see, Robert, it's my life. I gave-up a lot of things because of this. pero happy ako sa ginagawa ko, and that what matters most.

ROBERT: I have watched numerous plays at the PSF Summer fest in the previous years and until now. And I loved those horror and dark plays that you wrote. Would you say that being a writer and a playwright is also one of your hidden talents?

PATRICK: When I started performing at the Theater, I sing also. Halos sabay lang pumasok ang pag-arte at pagkanta ko. Then, writing came just as spontaneous. Hindi ko alam na may talent din pala ako sa pagsusulat. For the past five years, I always write plays at the PSF Summer Fest, and my latest is Gemetzel, isang morbid story with German Nazi setting.
Now, I'm also learning how direct plays. Through the help of my mentor, Vince Tanada, I will soon direct a play also at PSF.
I also market plays at PSF. That's why I'm earning a lot, not just as an actor but also because of marketting the plays.

ROBERT: Now that you are being elevated as one of PSF's Board Members, what would be your greater functions and missions for this artistic theater group?

PATRICK: I will be helping in decision-makings for the company. It will be giving me more responsibilities and a lot more action for the group. Also, it's a big opportunity for me. I am so thankful and grateful to the other Board Members for giving me a chance. It's a great honor on my part.

ROBERT: Last question, Patrick. May dream role ka pa ba na nais gawin sa mundo ng teatro?

PATRICK: Kuya Robert, lahat na yatang klase ng papel ay nagmapanan ko na sa PSF. Nagubad na ako't nagpakita ng hidden weapon ko, naging rebelde, naging sundalo, naging makata, naging bayani, naging Jose Rizal, at kung anu-ano pa. Ang hindi ko na lang yata nagagampanan, 'yung papel ng isang hayop o animal. Hahaha.
I would still try performing a variety of roles. And it's up to Vince Tanada, who saw my potentials right from the start to discover more roles for me. being an actor is limitless. And I am up for more challenges this time around.

ROBERT: Thank you, Patrick.

patrick: Thanks, too. Kuya Robert.



------ end of interview----

PATRICK PLAYS HIS GUITAR FOR A SPECIAL BLOGGER BESIDE HIM

PATRICK WITH HIS MENTOR VINCE TANADA

PATRICK: A VICTORY! (with a female "friend")

PATRICK HOLDS HIS VERY FIRST ALIW AWARD

PATRICK: A VERY PASSIONATE SOUL

PATRICK IN A FASHIONABLE OUTFIT

PATRICK RANTS

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...