NEIL ERICSON TOLENTINO: SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST

NEIL ERICSON: SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST



Sometimes, it only takes the right moment for you to write someone you know who deserves to be written about.

On the other hand, in some separate and different spectrum of Time and Space, it takes a moment, too, to write songs of Love and Eternity.

You would want to save them for last.

You would want to keep, or store them in a safe place for a while, maybe hidden below the cellar, or some vaults with semi-automatic locks.

Because when you save the best for last, life seems to be more sweeter, more relaxed, more at peace.

And it flows alongside with the rhythm and the blues.


****   ****  ****


When artists bond together- especially that of Theater or Performing Artists, there seems to be an ethereal feeling of wonder and awe.

When an ordinary writer sees them in great magnificence and power- he knows, there's something much deeper to write about in the world of Arts.


Like that of a shining splendor in the grass, or those dancing lights above a center stage, the innermost feelings and passion to something more glorious that could be seen-


Like that of a Painting you were staring at-


and like that of a man you were interviewing at.


The paralleslism lasted


amidst





LIFETIME.



****   ****   *****


"Just write my name as Neil Tolentino, not Neil Ericson Tolentino", he, at first, requested. "I prefer it shorter."

The writer said YES. But deep inside him, he would not follow the request. Because there were so many 'Neil Tolentinos' already in the Philippines, and most of them had become popular already, especially the name 'Neil', and the surname 'Tolentino'. So, as the writer thought, to avoid further confusion, he would write the name NEIL ERICSON TOLENTINO on his article. In his more than 35 years of writing in the entertainment field- he knew things like this one. Of creating the proper names that would further attract the readers and create a certain kind of 'magic' to his subject.

Over a great Korean food and an early dinner of angst and passion, the writer again knew, his subject is like a heated element, that, by just with one struck, it would set on fire with glorious words and wonderful ideas. There were no pretensions at all, no fake movements, no memorized lines, no written agendas. Only great thoughts of artistic and sharp minds- combined together in one moment- in one interview - and in one great bonding and 'look' at the world of Arts.

The writer remembered, too, those early years of him being a writer at a young age- when he interviewed the likes of the late film director Ismaehl Bernal (R.I.P.), actresses Hilda Koronel and Chery Pie Picache, indie film pioneer Nick Deocampo, the late lady film director Marilou Diaz-Abaya (R.I.P.) and beauty queen Melanie Marquez. These celebrities would not simply answer questions, they would create wonderful movements and gestures of passion, artistic ways, creative grasps of 'ahhhs and ohhhs', fascination, and fabulous looks upon their eyes. Now, you would add upon this list the name of NEIL ERICSON TOLENTINO.

This guy is a TRUE ARTIST in ways, manners, delivery of words, eye stares and all. Just at one glance, you would know. He would simply wear a faded Sando shirt and a pair of rugged jeans, with his curls adding-up to the shaggy look. His hands would create movements as if it was reaching out for something in some precious answers upon your questions. His eyes would go round and you would definitely feel the very depths of his soul.

And his name is: NEIL ERICSON TOLENTINO.


*****   *****   *****


Neil Ericson Tolentino just finished his performing stints at the much-acclaimed Himala play of Sandbox Entertainment more than a couple of weeks ago. Right now and until March of 2020, he would be on a Nationwide provincial tour for a musical play in a separate theater production. And on Nov. 20 and 21 at the GSIS Theater, he would be portraying the delicate role of Pilosopong Tasyo for the beautiful play entitled Kanser, produced by Gantimpala Theater Foundation and under the direction of Frannie Zamora. Better watch NEIL ERICSON TOLENTINO perform live on this play, you would certainly know what we're talking about- and how artistic he could get.


*****   *****  ****

BELOW ARE THE WORDS OF NEIL ERICSON TOLENTINO:

"If only Theater pays as much, siguro I am rich na. Having three plays one after another is a tasking job, pero para sa akin, mas masarap ang may ginagawa keysa sa walang ginagawa. And I feel so proud na pinagkakatiwalaan ako ng mga direktor ko in giving to me those various roles which are all challenging to portray."

"Nu'ng nag-demand ang mga taga-Himala ng all-out focus ko para sa play nila, yeah, I was willing to give-in. My rehearsals for the play Kanser took a backseat because of that. Thanks God, my longtime friend Mr. Roni Abario filled-in for me and he became my proxy for the first performances of Kanser, portraying the role of Pilosopong Tasyo. But I promised director Frannie Zamora, on their last days of performances, I would come back with a vengeance."

"I will have a chance again to rehearse with my fellow co-actors in the Kanser play before our November 20 and 21 play dates of the play. Then, after my last performances for Kanser, I will be going back performing for another musical production in a separate theater group until the year 2020."

"I have different aesthetics, style and sylabus as a theater actor and as a theater director, too. I don't compromise with the others. I simply follow mine."

"I am confident to say this, I did well portraying Pilosopong Tasyo last year at the play Kanser. It was a great experience working with Vance Larena who portrayed Crisostomo Ibarra last year. I guess, Vance was simply great and we comprehended well in our scenes together. This year, I still have to find out how good Kiel Alo is portraying the Ibarra character."

"I have a theater company, not a theater group. The name of my theater company is TANGHALANG PANDAY SINNG. I am more into producing plays rather than being a part in the cast of my own theater production. My daughter is the one in charge in the creative process of Tanghalang Panday Sining, which is based in our province in Bulacan."

"Siguro, I must have done something good to my co-actors that's why I am getting good projects nowadays. They were the ones who recommended in some plays. Like Ms. Roselle Buenaventura, she's the one who recommended me to director Frannie Zamora to appear in Kanser."

"I am having TV offers, too, but I must first finish my commitments to these theater productions I am now being a part of the cast."

"Every role is a challenge. I am open to everything. I don't have a dream role. I don't have illusions of grandeur. I simply give my support and love. I would simply want to give life to a character, and that's my main role as an actor."


*****   *****  *****


So there. Definitely, saving the best for last was all worth it. In the heart and mind of one NEIL ERICSON TOLENTINO.


FOREVER.







(as written by robert manuguid silverio)


neil: no dream roles

neil and the stage: one great combination

neil: the artist look

neil: portrays Pilosopong Tasyo in the play KANSER for the second time

neil in the play HIMALA

NEIL: A SMILE!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...