THE MANY WORLDS OF ZERNAN... (PHOTOS BY ZERNAN MATAYA)

ZERNAN: strange man with a kind and embracing heart
zernan, huwag kang tatalon, please.




Every time we see Mr. Zernan Mataya in person, we see him in many different ways. He has an advance army, too. Like souls drifting by to signal his arrival. There's really something in him we can't explain.

In one wakeful dream, we once saw him as a dwarf, too. And in our amazement, he had a photograph showing himself like a dwarf in a miniature pose.

In one dark dream, he appeared as a savior amidst an opposing dark shadow in a sleep paralysis encounter of a blogger. We'll never forget the face of that savior. And that face was Zernan's...

Whatever worlds he were in, surely, it's something strange. Just like many dimensions of an elemental life...

But what astounds us the most is his great artistry and inclination for the arts. Oh, my. His photographs below shows just that.

Soon, Zernan will be launching a coffee table book about OFW's. He photographed everyday life of ordinary Filipinos here in the Philippines and abroad. Great.

And the many worlds of Zernan Mataya never seems to end.


(words by robert manuguid silverio)

SPECIAL PHOTOGRAPHS BELOW BY: MR. ZERNAN MATAYA

Gateway to Agartha. Agartha is a fascinating place and I encountered it first on my research about the Hollow Earth Theory. This was an entry in a photo competition and landed as a finalist. I use 8 photos to create this and is one of the most complicated piece because of the many ideas that I want to inject. I also find it difficult to combine the 8 photos. By the way, there is a cat in this picture, try to find it if you can 

Model: V Paul Donaire Baldo

I love doing conceptual photography and this one is based on my own experience in Astral projection

Naranasan ko to nung bata ako, me kumukuha sa akin sa gabi at sinasama ako. One time, pag balik ko me ibang sumanib sa katawan ko at nagwawala katawan ko. My grandfather would start praying and yun nakakabalik na ako. Syempre natatakot ako. Di ko na nagagawa to ngayon.

Salamat pala sa friend ko na pumayag magmodel dito.
 — with Jessie Bae Fernandez.

Miniature me. This is intended also as a series so again the remaining other versions are open for collaboration. This is just a practice piece. I need a young guy here who can pass as a little guy. 2 photos are used here and the place is in Tarak ridge

Model: me

This is Cagsawa ruins and I just put myself here kasi feeling ko lang na gustong maglayas at that time. The culprit was depression. This is just a practice piece and I use 2 photos to create this.

Model: Me

Maria in the temple. This is my shot of Angkor Wat. The place is beautiful but I still find it boring so I put a cat (Maria) and the balloons to add some excitement. I use 5 photos for this one

Model : My cat Maria 

MoSleep paralysis 1. This is also a series and I am still creating the other versions. I always experience this phenomenon and this is the version where you wake up but unable to move and finding an entity sitting on your chest making it hard for you to breathe. It is indeed a frightening experience for some. I use 3 photos for this version.

Model: Shone and a friend. I won't tag him kasi ginawa ko syang monster he he

Tower of light. If you can see with your third eye this is how a Tower of Light meditation will look like. I do this for protection. I combine 2 photos here. The place is in Cambodia and the temple is also known as Angelina Jolies's temple because her Tomb Raider film was shot here.

Model: Me

Conjuring the guardian spirits. Their voices speak to those who know how to listen.
Lost 1. I use 4 photos to create this one. I intend this to be a series but my busy schedule prevented me from finishing the other versions. My concept is a young guy who got lost in a magical place or a fantasy place. The remaining versions are still open for collaboration and any young looking teenagers are welcome to be my model

Model: Shone

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...