FOCUS ON: MARIAN MORENO, THE COMEBACKING THEATER ACTRESS

marian and her theater acting comeback

marian: upgrading more as an actress

marian: corporate girl no more

the many faces of marian

marian with fellow theater performer- paul jake paule.



Once the 'acting bug' has bitten you, you would forever be stricken with an illness. And that illness is called: "TO ACT UNTIL YOUR VERY LAST BREATH".

And Ms Marian Moreno, who's now making a comeback on the Theater scene, is not spared from that "illness". Haha.

"Five years ago, I already acted in this play", came Marian's first words in an interview. "I portrayed the character of Hermana Bali in this play El Filibusterismo. But after that, I worked in a corporate industry and I was gone in the Theater scene for five years.

"But now, I am back!", she continued saying. "As passionate as ever and more focused than I used to be before. Yes, I can say, I was also bitten by that so-called 'acting bug'. That once an actress, will always be an actress.

"Theater is very therapeutic, you see. You got to play a variety of roles and characters that's not you, and that's the challenge of it. It's your own duty to deliver the many different emotions and show to them the best that you've got.

"Acting is also a tool to further know your self and discover other hidden facets of your individuality. Soon, you will also learn how to forgive your very self. Because there's so much redemption in the Art od Acting", came Marian's meaningful words.

What is the message of the play EL FILIBUSTERISMO, in Marian's own perception?

"It's the symbolism of rising-up all-over again", she answered back. "And for the youths to know that they all have a role to play in our society. That they must do something for the country. That they must also fight in every little way they can."

The good thing is, Marian's director in the play EL FILIBUSTERISMO, produced by Gantimpala Theater Foundation, was no less than her very first teacher in an acting workshop when she was still starting it out as an actress.

"Diretor Jose Jeffrey Camanag was my Acting Workshop teacher in the year 2014", she revealed. "And being directed by him in this play- wow, it really energizes me so much. He was my very first mentor and I am so happy to work with him again.

"You see, I've learned a lot from direk Jeff", she continued by saying. "The techniques he's sharing to us, the simple tips- it helps us all to become better as stage performers. Like being sharp and attentive always in every little detail of our acting craft. Also the discipline, the right attitude, and the professionalism, too.

"I also learned from director Jeff the value of being humble always. That no matter how good you are, you must be humble enough to accept mistakes, too. And also treat every performance like your very last performance!", she quipped.

Right now, Marian joined the Star Magic Acting Workshop of channel 2, and she now upgraded to the Master Class level of that workshop on acting. She's planning to get really busy this time as an actress by profession.

"I've tried the corporate world for the last five years, and this time around, I would like to give myself the treat of doing what I really want", came her ending words in an interview. "It's like satisfying myself more and giving my part and contribution to the Performing Arts. I know, I will be happier that way."

Very well, Ms. Moreno.




(written by robert manuguid silverio)




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

RUDY JACKSON, MASKI NASA AMERIKA AY NAKAKATANGGAP PA RIN NG MGA BIYAYA NA IBINIBIGAY DIN NAMAN NIYA SA MGA KAIBIGAN NIYA SA PILIPINAS!

SIR RUDY (IN DRAG) WITH A FRIEND NAMED MANNY SIR RUDY WITH HIS MOST INTIMATE FRIENDS SIR RUDY IN HIS NEPHEW'S HOUSE IN THE U.S. EARLY CH...